SoundChasm and Slim Volume Forum Index SoundChasm and Slim Volume
A forum for writing, recording and performance

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Logo Rocks!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SoundChasm and Slim Volume Forum Index -> Main Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GregBell
Site Admin

Location: A great place to live, but you wouldn't want to visit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: New Logo Rocks!! Reply with quote

Big props to Mark, or Slim (I don't know who he is when he's a graphic artist) for making a forum logo. For some reason, he ignored my suggestion of incorporating my dog into the picture, but I think it turned out almost as well as if he had! Cool

So get off 'yer duffs, keep the shiny side up, catch ya' on the flip-flop, 'cause we got us a convoy, er, forum!

Now THAT's what I call propaganda!
Slim Volume
Capable Of A Filibuster
Capable Of A Filibuster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was fast work gettin' it up. Huh huh. Thanks for the kudo, Menudo!
GregBell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foist off, I think I picked the best one of the two you sent. The colors just jump. It shows that on all our projects we are assisted by backwards magic hands. That revelation alone should feed the rumor mill for '07. And if those hands actually belong to us, just imagine what we might look like...

I think this is the pinnacle of forum graphic development. I poked around for hours in the color template, and primarily got nowhere. I was able to change the font for "Soundchasm and Slim Volume", but it also changed the font for ALL the black type. Luckily, I corrected the giant mistakes I made!!

You are first among MOPs. Very Happy
Slim Volume
Capable Of A Filibuster
Capable Of A Filibuster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep in mind that the OTHER logo wasn't meant for this particular forum layout -- it is only for the tech-ier forum layout that pops up intermittently. It looks fantastic on that one, slicker, more modern and stuff. See the mockup GIF for the "other" layout.

Have you asked them if we can only have one layout appear? I really like the other one, it's fab.

I think the type looks better in this font! I was thinking its should be about half the size it is, so that the new logo is what is seen first. Your call, Ime just here to help cause problem!
GregBell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other forum layout that appears is called sg_def or something like that. It was getting so confusing for me to see BOTH layouts in a single session that I deleted it a few days ago. If you're still seeing it then I have no idea what's going on. I'm sure we can only have one layout at a time, but we could have additional logos for sub-forums (don't hold me to that).

I can check the directories via FTP and see if sg_def is still there, but our current style is sub_silver. If sg_def is there and still appears, I can put that other layout in its folders.

Now that you mention it, both mock-ups had their respective logos inserted. Embarassed
GregBell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though I deleted sg_def in the control panel, the files are still there on my server. I uploaded your other logo in case it decides to reappear. Sg_def should be called the Nessie layout.
anyhorizon
Minister of Propaganda
Minister of Propaganda

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were allowed to stick my nose in where it don't belong, I'd suggest that the "with Special Guest Slim Volume" tag were a different color from the photo's hue or vicky verka.

What do I know? I live in the southern hemisphere.

BTW, Mr Worley needs to post in here soon or his rego will expire Laughing

PC
Slim Volume
Capable Of A Filibuster
Capable Of A Filibuster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Petes and Gregs,

I hear ya Pete, but I made my Slim monicker orang so it would look like the one on my website. Just doing the least I possibly can to brand myself. *sizzzzle*

I'm cool with ANY layout as long as we have our own forum! But I really prefer that other one -- it llooks less dated and maybe the kiddies would like it better in between sessions of Grand Theft Otto. If you want I can make its logo have a d8b on it, too. Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SoundChasm and Slim Volume Forum Index -> Main Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: