SoundChasm and Slim Volume Forum Index SoundChasm and Slim Volume
A forum for writing, recording and performance

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sense of Humor

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SoundChasm and Slim Volume Forum Index -> Main Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DW
Friend
Friend

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: Sense of Humor Reply with quote

Didn't I write that song? I'm pretty sure I did. It's in my head like I did.

Went on a trip and I purposely didn't bring any music with me because I wanted to clear my clouded brain for the final push to get my album done. It's been a long labor. That song kept popping into my head and I couldn't get rid of it. So, I'm claiming it. Copyrights be damned.

You guys know how I feel about your two albums (you PITA overachievers). Call them albums, not CDs. They deserve that distinction.

I just wanted to stop in and say hi and bug you a little. Don't get much time for socializing anymore. I'm really happy for you guys. But you could have waited and raised the bar after I was done setting it at the knees. How do you kick the crap out of someone over the internet? Oh, we'll meet someday and then I'll take care of business (notice, no smilies).

One question I had. I was going to go back through my SV&SC collection but I don't have time, and right now Carolyn has your albums so I can't name the exact song. But on "Hindsight" did Mark turn one of Greg's old instrumentals into a song with lyrics and everything? It sounded really good. I could have sworn I recognized it as such.

Much joy,

Dan Worley
GregBell
Site Admin

Location: A great place to live, but you wouldn't want to visit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan, you finally made it!! That's great!! My guess is that you "thought" the song, Mark intercepted the stray thought fields (like radio reception in your fillings), and was first to market. Technically, that makes Mark in violation of releasing someone else's unreleased song. Be kind to him in court.

We'll be looking for the subliminal traces of the tune on your album for sure. And thanks for mentioning "album". That is far cooler than "CD".

We've known you had an insane workload for a long time. I wish sincerely for you to get the tracking done as quickly as it can get done right. But you don't need any advice from me. When you get finished it will be awesome.

Mark never tells me who he plagiarizes for each song, JUST KIDDING, but it wasn't me for anything on Hindsight. I was able to make Mark plagiarize himself on a few tunes on FTSC, though. But even that took some pressure.

Please come back. At some point our Ministers Of Propaganda will be getting promoted, and I'll need new ones. Ask Peter what the best way to get promoted is around here!! It was very funny! Very Happy
Slim Volume
Capable Of A Filibuster
Capable Of A Filibuster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey Dante -- ditto what Greg said. How's that for a lazy-hinie reply? But seriously. Ditto! I know your record is going to be strong, strong, strong.

I'm always dangerously close to unintentional plagarism, but so is everyone nowadays. Especially worries me now, since I no longer hear and know of every song on pop and country radio at all times. How did I ever do that? What happens to me now is I write a song and a line, melody or title will show up in a radio hit, "Bittersweet" being an example.

But as for re-using one of Greg's instrumentals...it just doesn't ring any bells (haha). Unless it was that My Sweet Lord Is So Fine song.

Don't forget when you think of our two CDs that they're a product of 10 years of quarterly sessions. Thank you always and forever for the really cheering and reassuring things you say about our work!

OK, now what was the question?

Sl!m
anyhorizon
Minister of Propaganda
Minister of Propaganda

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see you over here in the "land of the scream", Dan. Don't be a stranger. It seems anything goes here except the word "I'm a retard" which is Greg's way of chastising me for using the word "F u n k".

Peter
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SoundChasm and Slim Volume Forum Index -> Main Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: