SoundChasm and Slim Volume Forum Index SoundChasm and Slim Volume
A forum for writing, recording and performance

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hey!!! Where y'all be???

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SoundChasm and Slim Volume Forum Index -> Main Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anyhorizon
Minister of Propaganda
Minister of Propaganda

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Hey!!! Where y'all be??? Reply with quote

I keep checking to see what's goin' on and I know there's somethin' goin' on but yuz all keepin' it a secret.

Greetings from down under.

Hope Cesar's OK. Very Happy

PC
SushiFugue
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm here. I keep checking in hoping for hot discussion action, and every day I am met with silence Sad
GregBell
Site Admin

Location: A great place to live, but you wouldn't want to visit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Peter and Sushi,
I'm Still Alive And Well. I got back from that Alaskan vacation and dug out (sort of), and then The Buzzcats got very busy, and then I did two open stages and a benefit in blitzkrieg fashion.

I can give you my main excuse for the time being (which means until I come up with a new excuse), and that is I started taking Chantix. It's a stop-smoking drug and it seems to work, but at a cost. It makes me apathetic and lethargic during the day with insomnia and crazy dreams at night. This is the third week I've been taking it, and I had 4 cigs yesterday and I have two left today. So with any luck, I might have a nicotine free day on Sunday - the first in many years.

The forum is quite active, but you might not know it. A few accounts get created every day. Every day or so, I delete all of them. One of these days I'm going to screw up and delete the last legitimate account by mistake. Sushi, I wonder if you get those email notices, and I'm sorry if you do. Wink

In my spare time, I try to learn new cover tunes for the band, cut the yard and do the sink faucet replacement around here.
sysop
Beast Friend
Beast Friend

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregBell wrote:
... I started taking Chantix. It's a stop-smoking drug and it seems to work, but at a cost. It makes me apathetic and lethargic during the day with insomnia and crazy dreams at night. This is the third week I've been taking it, and I had 4 cigs yesterday and I have two left today. So with any luck, I might have a nicotine free day on Sunday - the first in many years.

Best of luck and support to your quiting. Best thing you can do for your health I think. I have a friend who used Chantix and it was very successful for him, and he had the exact same side effects. He did mention he enjoyed the intensely real dreams he was having at the time. Smile

This Friday the 31st will be one month nicotine free for myself and it feels great! I used the patch for two weeks and started doing Tai Chi Chuan daily to relieve stress and promote focus. So far it's worked well, but I have been avoiding my trigger situations like crazy. After dinner is still the hardest time of day, and that's when I hit the Tai Chi to help relax.
GregBell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Sysop, that's fantastic news! In your situation and at your time in life, it makes great sense to quit. Of course, it's obvious that it always makes sense to quit smoking, but you've made a good decision which factors in the well-being of others.

If I quit smoking, the main benefit may be that I can finish a wheelchair race in the top five (if I pick an age group 20 years older).
GregBell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to fess up. I fell off the tobacco wagon, but in my defense I steer clear of the whiskey train. I made it a full seven days, and then had some crisis I had to smoke for, like bathing or something.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SoundChasm and Slim Volume Forum Index -> Main Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: