SoundChasm and Slim Volume Forum Index SoundChasm and Slim Volume
A forum for writing, recording and performance

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ear Worm Help!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SoundChasm and Slim Volume Forum Index -> Main Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sysop
Beast Friend
Beast Friend

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 6:16 am    Post subject: Ear Worm Help! Reply with quote

I seem to have this Slim Volume/Sound Chasm ear worm stuck in my ear and I can't get it out! I need help! I keep humming and singing "Superbeetle, Superbeetle" without ceasing. I've tried all kinds of meditations and preparations. The only thing that seems to work is to press the track advance button on my CD player, but then I just start humming and singing "Let Me Think It Over" without ceasing. Have I fallen victim to subliminal messages, or could this be what they call infectious music? Shocked Well, there is at least one good thing about this Slim Volume/Sound Chasm ear worm infection though...it seems to have cured my asthma. Wink
GregBell
Site Admin

Location: A great place to live, but you wouldn't want to visit

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sysop,

I have found that pouring C-stoff in the left ear and T-stoff in the right ear and shaking the head will help rinse it out and disinfect. The memories, however, are permanent. Counseling is the only alternative for that problem.

Our psychological research determined that listening to 100 hours of Celine Dion and Cowsill's records are required before rehabilitation can reasonably be expected.

The medical community is sharply divided as to whether the cure for asthma is worth the serious side effects of SVSC music.
GregBell
Site Admin

Location: A great place to live, but you wouldn't want to visit

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sysop. We are sorry that you only have one eye.
Slim Volume
Capable Of A Filibuster
Capable Of A Filibuster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Ear Worm Help! Reply with quote

sysop wrote:
...I keep humming and singing "Superbeetle, Superbeetle" without ceasing...

Mr. Sysop, I hope that this doesn't reach a point where you lose balance and become nauseated. I also hope I haven't written the 21st Century version of "Gimmee Dat Ding." Although I wouldn't kick the money out of bed for eating Cracklin' Bran.

I will say that it does my ol' heart good when I hear of someone genuinely liking one of the songs. Today I heard from a former co-worker who has the CDs. Her children love them. And that's the toughest, most honest audience ever. Her 8 yr old daughter loves Go Like This. "Play the song that has Lyn's kids on it!" And her three year old does a little dance and sings "Superbeetle, Superbeetle." I've played in cover bands all my life, that's it. Kids liking my tunes is so new.

Shocked
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SoundChasm and Slim Volume Forum Index -> Main Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: