SoundChasm and Slim Volume Forum Index SoundChasm and Slim Volume
A forum for writing, recording and performance

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SuperBeetle

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SoundChasm and Slim Volume Forum Index -> Main Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JB
Friend
Friend

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: SuperBeetle Reply with quote

What is the Superbeetle song really about and is it a metaphor for something twisted?
Slim Volume
Capable Of A Filibuster
Capable Of A Filibuster

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is this JB? How dare you invade our forum with your impertinent questions. This forum is only for me and Greg Bell! BEGONE!

Superbeetle is about an actual VW I owned, partied in, vomited in and eventually bought and destroyed. Pretty twisted, I know.
Slim Volume
Capable Of A Filibuster
Capable Of A Filibuster

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greggypoo--did I not make it obvious enough that I was kidding? I just thought it would be funny to act as if I didn't want anyone on our forum except you and me. I'll put smilies in from now on. Very Happy I figgered it was either John or Jorge. Or Paul, Ringo, etc.

John, THANK you for the kind words -- Greg shared your email with me. We love all kinds of feedback, pos or neg -- it's just information, but that's like money to us. Again, thank you!

--slim
GregBell
Site Admin

Location: A great place to live, but you wouldn't want to visit

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey John,
Great to see you here. You are the first fly to be caught in the web.

Mark, John is the bass player in the Buzzcats! He has graciously listened to the CD (at least one of them!) and shown up here to make a comment.

Ain't the internet grand?
bassnyerface
Beast Friend
Beast Friend

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK muthers, I've been invited, and I'm here. Thank you, it is an honor and a privilege to be invited to this.

So, first, you'll have to guess who I am. I WAS invited. That's a hint.

OK, we can't discuss politics and religion, but what about sex? I take that as a yes.

Which brings me to the subject of "Super Beetle." Dig? Yes, it is about a car, but it is about the feeling many of us have about something like an old Fender bass we shoulda' never let go because we could trade it for a house now or a myriad of other collectable objects we took for granted that a dozen of would let us retire. To me that is what Super Beetle speaks to me as well as a feminine emotional attachment and lament. The double entendre (is there speelcheck on this thing?) of "I'm sorry I let you down girl," is opposite of most similar devices employed in the blues and other American folklore. The innuendo here goes the other way. It's not "I I'm a retard this I'm a moron like I drive my car," it's "I hope I never I'm a retard up a woman I love like I did this car that loved me and I miss so badly." The fact you puked in it is inconsequential.
GregBell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You just HAD to test my profanity censors, didn't you!!!! Shocked Razz Razz Razz

I'm in tears...
bassnyerface
Beast Friend
Beast Friend

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I think it's time to write every naughty word I know just to see what it will convert to so I can express myself less clearly. Could it be that the filter added to the expression rather than stifling it? Methinks.

And it is entirely possible that children visit this site. So, maybe we should keep it clean as to not negatively influence our hope for tomorrow by teaching them musicain's cuss words. Like, "Daddy, what is a I'm a retard anyway?"

Another Super Beetle question: what is the significance of Mark barfing in the car? Did he clean the barf out and get on with his life or did he just say ' ah screw it' and sell it as is?

Super Beetle is just such a dang fun song, golly! There's a lot of fun on these CD's, another rare and great quality for a CD to have.
Slim Volume
Capable Of A Filibuster
Capable Of A Filibuster

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bassface, you have got the point of the Superbeetle lyrics purt darn near.

The chronology of Super Beetle: I slept in it, I barfed in it, cleaned it, then Tahtinen sold it to me years later. Then it died and I had it towed for junk.

Chinga tu madre! Cool
sysop
Beast Friend
Beast Friend

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, rumor has it on dozens of the Slim Volume/Sound Chasm fan sites across the Internet, that if Super Beetle is played backwards three times with a green apple in the middle of the floor, that the spirits of the departed Beatles (John Lennon and George Harrison) will appear to you?

Can anyone from Slim Volume/Sound Chasm please comment on this?

It's also rumored that the "From The Sound Chasm" album cover is actually a hidden message from a super intelligent extraterrestrial pipe smoking robotic toad that influenced the music on the albums.

Can anyone from Slim Volume/Sound Chasm please comment on this too?
Slim Volume
Capable Of A Filibuster
Capable Of A Filibuster

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sysop, the first rumor is true in every aspect save one: in fact, the departed spirit of Paul McCartney the great songwriter will also materialize.

My pug licked a toad on a walk last Sunday and his mouth foamed really bad, it was scary. And since my pug is an alien, maybe there is some vague truth to the second rumor that I can't discern.

Thanks for your call!
Slim
GregBell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you have it a little turned around. If you play the song backwards three times with said green apple in the presence of Lennon and Harrison, dozens of Slim/Chasm fan sites will appear.

Whatever you do, do NOT piss-off the mega-smart toad. He will give you a case of alien warts that stump water from Pluto won't cure. So all right already, we have a reptilian alien producer who was extremely demanding during the whole process. Give us a break. You have no idea how hard that was for us, but we had signed a contract, and his team of robot lawyers had our teats in a wringer. God, I can still hear that amphibian voice ringing in my ears, "No, sing it this way", "no, I don't like the middle 8", "sorry, that's not commercial enough", "that's the wrong snare for this tune" - Jeez, I'm having nightmares still.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SoundChasm and Slim Volume Forum Index -> Main Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: